The important thing to remember for headshots is that the clue’s in the name: headshot. It’s all about your face. We need to not be too distracted by what you’re wearing (or not wearing). Think about how you want to present yourself to casting agents or producers. Who are you? Is there anything you’re currently going up for? Bring the appropriate clothing for your current projects. For example, if you’re hoping to go up for a part in Harry Potter & The Cursed Child, maybe a very low cut top or multiple piercings aren’t necessarily the way to go…
- Bring at least 6 changes of outfit (do remember we’re only shooting your top half)
- Bring more outfits than you think you’ll need – more is more!
- Avoid really bright or neon colors unless you know your skin tone can take it!
- Black is always a good idea, but do bring colors as well!
- Bring layers! Jackets, cardigans, sweaters and shirts for dimension.